CDC is working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other federal partners to reduce C. diff infections by 30% by 2020.
To reach our goals of reducing C. diff infections, CDC is:
- Continuing to promote CDC’s guidelines for infection control and working with partners. (See the Infection Control Guideline Library.)
- Building prevention collaboratives in states with high C. diff infection rates.
- Working with healthcare facilities to identify and address barriers for C. diff infection prevention.
- Expanding implementation of antibiotic stewardship programs in all healthcare settings, including dental offices and outpatient settings, and focusing on specific antibiotics linked to C. diff infections.
- Using innovation to address critical questions such as the role of asymptomatic carriers, transmission dynamics, the patient’s microbiome, and environmental cleaning.
Read more at CDC…