The family of a woman who died while staying at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel last year filed a lawsuit against the facility’s owners, Hart Hotels.

The lawsuit filed in state Supreme Court claims Virginia resident Vera E. DeWeese died after exposure to the Legionella bacteria, and that her death was caused by the hotel’s gross negligence.

The state Health Department issued a warning last summer to people who may have been guests at the hotel between July 16 and Aug. 1 and were in proximity to the hotel’s pool and spa.

Those patrons may have been exposed to Legionella, the bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ disease, the Health Department said at the time.

 

Image by Mdesigns from Pixabay

Read more…