- • Pathways linking health benefits to pollution reduction by urban vegetation remain unclear.
- • The mode of green infrastructure deployment is critical to avoid unintended consequences.
- • Strategic deployment of green infrastructure may reduce downwind pollution exposure.
- • Development of design guidelines is vital to promote and optimize greening benefits.
- • Measuring green infrastructure’s socio-economic and health benefits are key research needs.
Photo Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons