- • Size-dependent efficiencies of 47 particle filter media across 17 classes were measured.
- • Pressure drops at different velocities were measured.
- • Total efficiencies for UFP removal were estimated in three typical cases.
- • Efficiency for particle with mean diameter and mean value of total efficiencies were similar.
- • The measured size-dependent efficiencies can be used for selecting filter media.
Ultrafine particles (UFPs) are hazardous air pollutants produced by human activities in outdoor and indoor environments. Filtration in mechanical ventilation systems or air purifiers is an effective technology for removal of outdoor- or indoor-originated particles, to reduce human exposure to UFPs in indoor environments, where people spend most of their time.