- • Cu, Zn, Cd and Pb contents in street dust of 3806 sites throughout China were obtained.
- • Traffic and industrial emissions were two main sources of heavy metals in street dust.
- • Heavy metal contents and health risks showed spatial distributions with decreasing from southeast to northwest.
- • Health risks posed by Pb should merit more attention and priority control.
- • Children should be given the priority of protecting against heavy metal pollutionin street dust.
Photo Credit: Bobak [CC BY-SA 2.5 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5)], from Wikimedia Commons