From 1 through 28 February 2019, the National IHR Focal Point of Saudi Arabia reported 68 additional cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) infection, including 10 deaths. Of the 68 MERS cases reported in February, 19 cases occurred in cities other than Wadi Aldwasir.
This Disease Outbreak News update describes the 19 cases. Among these cases, fifteen were sporadic, and four were reported as part of two unrelated clusters. Cluster 1 involved two cases in Buridah city; and Cluster 2 involved two cases in Riyadh city. The link below provides details of the 19 reported cases.
- About MERS-CoV
- Fact sheet on MERS-CoV
- More MERS-CoV outbreak news
- Saudi Arabia country profile
- MERS-CoV monthly situation updates: Eastern Mediterranean Region
- IHR Emergency Committee concerning MERS-CoV
- WHO MERS Global Summary and Assessment of Risk
- Revised case definition for reporting to WHO – MERS-CoV