Skip to content
Critical review of standards for indoor thermal environment and air quality
- • ISO, EN, GB/T, and ISHRAE specify multiple categories for IEQ values, while ASHRAE, SS and AS provide acceptable levels.
- • Reviewed standards on IEQ focus on the perception rather than productivity and well-being.
- • There is no integrated assessment of various IEQ-related dimensions in the standards.
- • Occupants adaptation is considered to a greater extent in thermal comfort-relates standards.
- • Regional differences in climate, building typology, and demographics are not adequately covered in international standards.