- • The prevalence of diabetes in Malta, estimated at around 10% has been stable since the 1980s.
- • The incidence of type 1 diabetes in Malta showed an upward trend until 2010; more recent data is not available.
- • No genetic studies are available for type 1 diabetes in Malta.
- • Five yearly studies on the prevalence of diabetes in Malta is recommended.
- • Overweight and obesity is the most significant risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Maltese persons should be encouraged to maintain a BMI between 15 and 20kg/m2.
Leave A Comment